sábado, 4 de agosto de 2012

Voltar atrás no tempo...

Cresci a ouvir Tom Waits e como tudo o que marca a nossa infância ainda hoje me toca profundamente a alma, esta música já tinha 12 anos e tem hoje quase 40, quanto mais vezes a oiço mas maravilhosa me parece...




Tom Waits - I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You
(Closing Time 1973)

Well, I hope that I don't fall in love with you
Cause falling in love just makes me blue
Well, the music plays and you display your heart for me to see 
I had a beer and now I hear you calling out for me 
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you 

Well, the room is crowded, people everywhere
And I wonder, should I offer you a chair?
Well, if you sit down with this old clown, take that frown and break it 
Before the evening's gone away, I think that we can make it 
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you 

Well, the night does funny things inside a man
These old tomcat feelings you don't understand
Well, I turn around to look at you, you light a cigarette 
I wish I had the guts to bum one, but we've never met 
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you 

I can see that you are lonesome just like me
And it being late, you'd like some company
Well, I turn around to look at you, and you look back at me 
The guy you're with he's up and split, the chair next to you is free 
And I hope that you don't fall in love with me 

Now it's closing time, the music's fading out
Last call for drinks, I'll have another stout
Well, I turn around to look at you, you're nowhere to be found 
I search the place for your lost face, guess I'll have another round 
And I think that I just fell in love with you 

XOXO S.